Today will be the coldest day in recent history, and the next couple days won't be far behind. Many of you will light your fireplaces or use supplemental heaters. Please be careful.
If you light a fire in your fireplace, make sure the flue is open and the chimney is clean. Make sure the fire is out before you go to sleep. Never store ashes inside your home.
Never plug an electric heater into a power strip or multiple outlet.
Make sure you have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Test them once a month.
If you have further questions, contact our Borouigh Fire Marshal.
Stay warm and safe Collegeville!